January 9, 2012

Attempt at a one month picture

Allison turned one month on January 4! In a last minute effort to start taking monthly pictures, I put her in a plain onesie and grabbed a stuffed animal (if I had thought about it a little more I probably wouldn’t have chosen what turned out to be a somewhat creepy looking monkey).  Well baby girl was not particularly cooperative for picture time. I got about ten shots of her screaming and only one calm one during a brief pause, and what did she do for that one? Throw out her middle finger of course. Here are some of the pictures:

 "What is happening to me?"

"Why are you people torturing me?"

(Poor Corey witnessing AK's scream fest)

"Is anyone still paying attention to my drama?”


"Fine then I guess I'll be quiet now. But don't think I won't ruin your picture with my middle finger."

At her one month appointment, Allison weighed 9 lbs 8 ounces (60th percentile) and was still 22.5 inches long (80th percentile – they said her body has most likely grown ,but her length stayed the same as that lovely cone head at birth has rounded out).

On her one month birthday, this crazy killed rolled over from stomach to back, twice! We put her down for tummy time and she was so mad about it that she worked herself up to the point of rolling over. We thought the first time was probably just a fluke and maybe her arm had been tucked under her body or something, so we put her back on her stomach and she did it again. We weren’t sure whether to be proud or scared, since it probably means baby girl already has quite the temper. But she has done it twice since when not throwing a temper tantrum, so hopefully that’s a good sign.  This week she has also started smiling at us (when she’s in a good mood and we get right up in her face and talk to her) which is really awesome!

Given that Allison looks like a tortured, troubled child in the pictures above, maybe next I will post some of the ones I took while she was being smiley yesterday to redeem herself.

1 comment:

Honey said...

She is so beautiful.....I'm glad that she is SPUNKY! Love the captions!!